Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finding God


For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart. (Jeremiah 29:11-13)

My daily goal is to be in right relationship with Christ.

We will only find God if we truly want Him. As He says in the Bible:

"I love those who love me, and those who seek me diligently will find me ... Surely you shall call a nation you do not know, and nations who do not know you shall run to you, because of the LORD your God, and the Holy One of Israel; for He has glorified you. Seek the LORD while He may be found, call upon Him while He is near."

And He makes this cast-iron promise:

"For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the LORD, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and go and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart."

At the point of our deepest need, the Good News of Jesus Christ cuts in! Jesus saw His life as a rescue mission. He said that He had come "to seek and to save that which was lost." He also said that His death was no accident - because He had come to die, "for the Son of Man did not come to be served, but to serve, and to give His life a ransom for many."

Is peace our deepest need? No, although Christ has provided that also. "Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid." TheGood News of Jesus Christ is our deepest need. All the unrest, all

the heartache and loneliness, all the pain and despair, all the sin and corruption, is replaced by the Gospel. This is the plan that God had in mind for us all along - a rightful relationship with Him, in which all of our needs are satisfied.

Make that your strongest desire today - that you are always in right relationship with Christ, because then you can change the world!

No comments: