Friday, January 1, 2010

1 Nyttårsdag - God First

What better way to start a New Year than with a fresh commitment to put God first in your life!
Prioritizing God sounds simple, but the pressures of our lives try very hard to push him out of the way... and sometimes we find ourselves in that difficult place of suddenly stopping, reevaluating our lives, and realizing that we`ve somehow lost that all important first love.

"I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is good and acceptable and perfect will of God " (Romans 12:1-2)

Jesus demonstrated this sense of priority even as a young child - at the age of 12, he astounded his parents by stating: "Did you not know that I must be about my Father´s buisness?" Later, in his ministry, he reiterated: "I must work the works of him who sent me." There was no question about it - Jesus´first priority was pleasing his Father. Of course, the first commandment is this: "You shall have no other gods before me." Right The second Commandment reveals further how important he wants to be in our lives: "You shall not make for yourself a carved image... you shall not bow down to them nor serve them; for I, the Lord your God , am a jealous God." Putting anything - Careers, financial achievement, even relationships - ahead of God constitutes making an idol of it... and our jealous God warns strictly against it.

Make a covenant right now: "Lord, I want to always put you first in my life, in everything I do. Enable me, by your Holy Spirit, to be consistent in this choice. Thank you!" When this prayer comes strait from your heart, then God´s part of the equation is to respond to you with his strength and ability.

Today´s Scripture Daily Power!
But seek first the Today I stand on
kingdom of God and God´s promise that
his righteousness, and he will never leave
all the these things me or forsake me.
shall be added to you. Therefor, I wholeheartedly
(Matthew 6:33) put my trust in him
!
This is From Mark my word by Reinhard Bonnke

No comments: